Monday, November 23, 2009

End of the world.....

By now, I am sure most of you have already watched 2012. So, honestly, how many of you are affected by it? How many of you are seriously thinking of what you want to accomplish before the world comes to an end?

I walked out of the cinema hand-in-hand with Ray but with a mind far, far away in outer space. I was thinking....what if we are in the same situation? No one warned us till the last minute that the world is coming to an end? Would I die happy knowing that I have given my best shot in everything that I had done? Or would I die angrily because there are still so many things that I haven't got a chance to accomplish?

Sitting down with a coffee, I spent the earlier part of today thinking if I am satisfied with how my life turned out and what will make me happy for the next three years - assuming the year does end on 12 December 2012.

Then the bloody To-do-list-till-2012 gave me a fright. God damn it. There were so many things I wanted to have and wanted to do!?!?!? After canceling out the rubbish I-want-stuff - like buy a LV luggage bag; have five shih-tzus as pets; decorate my room pink and OD with Hello Kitty accessories - I still have a list a page long. What the hell was I thinking.....?

Some of the more do-able stuff which made more sense were :
  • Getting a new job with a promotion and raise included.
  • Becoming a manager by thirty.
  • Travel to Santa Fe to visit the old man's grave by June 2011, which is also his fifth death anniversary.
  • Keeping close contacts with friends who had at moments been there when I needed more than a shoulder to cry on.
  • Be less controlling and listen more.
  • Work towards my retirement plan. But then if the world is ending, I wouldn't really need my retirement plan anymore, will I? Never mind.
  • Start a family by thirty. Simply said, I want my own kids eventually. And after all the kids trying, getting pregnant nonsense, I am left with two years or so to play with my kid before the world ends. Eeyer.
There's still more but I don't think you are all interested in my rubbish list. ^_^

So, have you thought of what you want to do by 2012? When the world ends, who are the ones that you would love to have by your side? What do you think will flash through your mind at the last few moments of your life?




No comments:

Post a Comment