Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Viet Viet (A Far From Overdue Post)

I hate to admit this but I have been slacking. From the looks of it, I have joined the slackers clan - where the blogs get forgotten; the Twitter gets no updates; the news do not get read despite the RSS feeds and the once hectic life comes to a standstill.

Oh well, how many times do I get to be jobless and do nothing but sleep till 12pm daily, wake up and do nothing? Guess I should treasure this slacker lifestyle before I swing right back to the crazy corporate world.

So, as promised, I am posting up a brief of what went on in Vietnam. Honestly, I am not going to and I cannot do a proper write up of Vietnam because :
  • When the history lessons on Vietnam were on-going in school, I was either sleeping or playing truant.
  • Whatever that I had managed to absorb (when I actually sit in for that few lessons), were left behind in school when I graduated.
  • When our tour guides were briefing us, I was more interested in the birds that were flying by.
Yes, I admit, I do have a learning disability. I take in things visually easier than via listening. Hence, the crazy amount of photos we took in Vietnam.

Here we go, follow us through our journey in Vietnam - starting from Ho Chi Minh to Da Lat to Nha Thrang and back to Ho Chi Minh.
.
.
.
.
.


All geared up and excited about Vietnam.

Passports - checked. Boarding passes - checked. Off we go!

Arriving at Ho Chi Minh's international airport.

Lavender Hotel - accommodation for the first night at HCM.

A friend told us not to go too near this building as the guards will come with their guns.

Arriving at Da Lat's market. We bought winter coats in Vietnam.
Can you believe that?

A back alley we chanced upon. It was one of those old school back alleys. Beautiful.

Having our first meal the Vietnamese way - sitting on the low stools and eating at the low tables. Did I mention that there were cubes of pig's blood in these noodles? WooooOooooo!

The tour starts at the Prenn Waterfalls in Dalat.

Then we went on to see a much more nicer waterfall - Datanla Waterfalls.

Our holiday mates - Lawrence and Karen at The Crazy House.

Buddhist Meditation Monastery - I hope we didn't destroy the peace there.....

One of my favorite shots taken at The Valley Of Love.

Didn't I already said it's The Valley Of Love we are at?

The King and The Concubine found at The Summer Palace. I hope this photo spooked you out a little. I purposely touched up the color so it looks faded. One day, when we are old, we shall show this photo to our grandchildren and see what reactions they will come up with. Muahahaha!

Soaking at the Mineral Mud Spa.

Strolling by the beach at Nha Thrang.

First stop of our tour at Nha Thrang - the aquarium with not much fishes. But we had loads of fun taking pictures. Hah!

Sometimes, just sometimes, I like to pretend I am a mermaid and not a Dugong.

My baby's first attempt at para-sailing!

I thought this is interesting - we tried sea urchin for the first time. The sashimi and the porridge versions. The sashimi was perfect while the porridge was so-so. Now, you know what to order if you decide to try it, don't you?

On board Boat Trip No 4.

Can you see how happy I am? Cos I finally get to hit the sea!

Another one of my favorite shots taken by Lawrence. I am too photo conscious most of the time and it's nice to have something shot in a much more natural way.

And this shot marks the end of our tour in Nha Thrang.
It was back to Ho Chi Minh the next day.

Fooling around just before entering Cu Chi Tunnels.

This is the original size of the actual Cu Chi Tunnel entrance during war times.
See how my baby is struggling to get in?

Outside their General Post Office at 4.25pm.

Notre Dame - the one in Vietnam.


Coming back home. Obviously, we are not excited about coming home at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment