Monday, April 11, 2016

Advice or A Realization?

And so today, I am once again amazed at myself with the advice I gave. 

I realized - it is when one is giving advice to another, that is when you type out what you exactly feel.

In one of the support groups I was involved in, I was telling another single mum this when I realize it was what I was telling myself:

"I feel that eventually you need to think what makes you happy. If you close your eyes and picture yourself 20 Years down the road, is this the person you want beside you and your answer Is No, then it's best to let go. You don't need to kick that person away immediately. We all know how how hard it is letting go, especially when you did give your heart at one point and love that person.....So do it at your own pace and comfort, but first and foremost, remember it's your happiness that comes first."

This was after a long conversation about how her husband loved her before marriage and before the kid comes along.

Maybe because my own love life is not at it's best stage now. Maybe it is becoming normal that love is replying a few texts now and then. Maybe it's a norm that people just give the bare minimum. Looking at more and more soon-to-be-broken relationships, I am starting to question myself - what the fuck is wrong with people these days? 

Do we really love or we took the infatuation at first, made it look like love, made empty promises to another then take the easy way out by ghosting?

No comments:

Post a Comment